Tuesday, October 25, 2022

2022 - 2023 Trip to the Southwest,Day 3

October 25, 2022, Creekside Campground, Edinburg, VA - 183.2 Miles, 475.5 Miles for the trip

The all night misting made for some interesting spider webs in the morning:

Misty Spider Web

Another drive with mist for most of the trip. As we reached Maryland, we saw patches of blue sky, and here at Creekside it is mostly clear & 72°F. 

We entered I 81 at the Jonestown KOA exit/entrance, and when I accelerated on the ramp my rear tires spun. A very squirmy start just like driving on ice. I remembered that on a trip home heading north at the same exit/entrance a few years back I had the same problem. That time it was early spring & I blamed black ice. This time it was in the 50's overnight. At a rest stop I chatted with Guido & he had the same problem. Our conclusion? There is a Love's Truck stop at the exit & lots of trucks use it. I bet they are spilling a bit of diesel in the ramps. In any case, on the next on ramp we hit, neither of us had a problem.

We arrived at Creekside around 3:00. The sites are mixed grass & dirt parallel to the creek. Water & electric for $36.86. I'm in 29 & the Guidos are in 30. Easy in & out. The campground website says not to follow your GPS, and you can see why. A 5 ton bridge with a very steep road leading to it. They have great signage along the roads all the way from Edinburg to the campground.  Photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Since is seems that all the restaurants in Edinburg are closed on Tuesdays, dinner was a cheese brat & Bush Beans.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment