Sunday, October 30, 2022

2022 - 2023 Trip to the Southwest, Day 8

 October 30, 2022, Burson Campground, Hungry Mother State Park, Marion, VA, Day 5 - 0 Miles, 716.4 Miles for the Trip

A Stop at the Dump Station

Lots of folks heading out today. The hosts move in quickly as each RV leaves. They use a mower to blow most of the leaves off the site, then rake the gravel. They also check that the breakers are off. I took a photo of them at work as well as a few of the departing trailers:

I hate to disappoint those that were planning to follow a trip to the Southwest, but my plans have changed. I've been having worsening stomach pains over the week, and decided that I'd skip the trip to Arizona this winter. A tough decision, but after a long night without much sleep, I think it is for the best. Still, a big disappointment for me. I've made the trip for the last 7 years with the exception of a skipped 2020 Covid winter, and I really like to get away from the upstate NY cold & snow. Still, too many sleepless night isn't good for traveling, and some of the places I planned to stay are a long way from any medical help.

So, I spent much of the afternoon canceling reservations, and will head back to Oswego starting tomorrow.

Dinner was a Shrimp Chimichanga at Mi Puerto.

Until Tomorrow -

7 comments:

  1. Jon so sorry to hear you are not feeling well, better to be in your home near your family just in case you need something. It’s tough being on the road for months as you know, you will be with us in spirit. Be well keep us posted how your doing- see you at Spring Fling
    Jane and John in NH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to reading your posts when you are doing your winter southwest tours. Sorry to hear about your health issues. Better to be home and close to the medical team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This morning it occurred to me I should hop over to your website since it’s around the time you get underway for the ‘big trip’. I discovered your page about the time you bought the current trailer. I really enjoy your descriptive writing style. So sorry to hear your trip change is due to a health reason but it’s a smart decision. Hopefully, it turns out to be just a minor inconvenience. Wish you the best. -Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sorry for your illness. Best with your health. Just yesterday notified our annual stay in Q that we would not be there and are selling our M/H. It was a pleasure to speak with you in the past

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to read of the medical issue which lead to your decision to return home, but understand fully. Quartzsite isn't the place to be when one has a health care emergency. Wishing you safe travels and a a quick recovery of whatever health issues you may have. We'll miss seeing you.. jc

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you the best and hope the problem is not serious and easily resolved. I will miss reading of your travel adventures. Safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete