Thursday, October 14, 2021

Day Trip to the Adirondacks

 I am in the middle of packing for my trip to Arizona; leaving next Wednesday.  We are having a warm week, but that will be ending this weekend.  I decided to take a short trip to the western side of the Adirondacks today.

I stopped off at Salmon River Falls on the way.  A bit early for good fall color,  They rebuilt the path from the rim to the bottom of the falls.  It is still quite steep with some large steps between rocks, but they have added cast concrete steps in some of the bad sections.  I didn't go all the way to the bottom since both the color & lighting wasn't all that good, but here is a photo.

Salmon River Falls

After that it was east on route 3 to Cranberry Lake.  I made a couple of stops on the way, which was good, because the campground at Cranberry Lake was closed.  I was a bit early for the western side of the Adirondacks, and a bit late (at least according to reports) for the northern & eastern sections.  I hope I'll run into some nice color on my trip to Arizona.

Dobson Creek Along NY 3

Stream Feeding Cranberry Lake

Stream Feeding Cranberry Lake

Stream Feeding Cranberry Lake


No comments:

Post a Comment