Wednesday, October 27, 2021

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 7

 Wednesday, October 27, 2021 -Hungry Mother State Park, Marion, VA, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 737.0 Miles for the Trip

Another Photo of My Site

I have a correction for last night's post - the Dragon road is called the Back of the Dragon, not the Dragon's Tail.  The Dragon's Tail is in North Carolina.  In any case, those in the know tell me not to take my trailer on either of them.

A very cool night at 37°F. The electric cube heater kept the trailer at 65°F so I was comfortable. I walked a little over a mile around the campground & up to the dam that created the park lake before breakfast. After breakfast I read for a bit, then did two loads of laundry. The laundry room got very humid while my clothes were drying. I checked to outside vent for the dryer and nothing was coming out of it. Checked behind the dryer & the vent hose was disconnected. I let the campground host know about it & he called it in for repair. 

Walt, the host for the rally pulled in during the afternoon & we chatted for a bit. Since it warmed up (57°F) with lots of sunshine, I made a round of the campground photographing the early arrivals. Lots of Casitas, and a few Scamps & Escapes.  Photos on today's LakeshoreImages page.

After the loop around the campground I read outside for a bit, then headed to Food Lion for the things I forgot or didn't find yesterday. I still have not found the toaster corn things I like for breakfast, and am not far enough west for Alaskan Amber beer.

Dinner was a salad & an ice cream sandwich.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment