Thursday, April 11, 2019

Day 250, Thursday, April 11, 2019 - Townsend KOA, Townsend, TN

Site 55
Thursday, April 11, 2019 - Townsend KOA, Townsend, TN - 9.1 Miles, 10,781.6 Miles for the Trip

No furnace overnight; it only got down to the mid 60's. I slept late, probable because of the great food for dinner. These southerners sure know how to cook & eat! I pulled out of Cades Cove around 11:00, dropped the trailer off at the Townsend KOA in site 55, a close to level gravel site with a concrete patio, table & 4 chairs. Full hookups, including cable for $48.77 per night with the fiberglass group discount. I added a photo of Don & Anne's Scamp in site 56 at today's LakeshoreImages page.

After hooking up the utilities, I headed to Maryville for frozen blueberries. While there is a fairly well stocked IGA here in Townsend, no frozen blueberries, and it is a bit early for decent prices on fresh. On the way to the wrong Food City (there are a couple of them in the Townsend area, and I went to the one 4 miles from Walmart rather than next door), I passed Garner's Barber Shop, and stopped for a haircut. About a 45 minute wait, but it was a real barber shop rather than a chain.

On the way to Maryville, there was a long wait for a single lane on US 321 controlled by a stop light. I lucked out on the way back and caught the green light.

About 5 minutes after I got back, Don & Anne pulled in. They are next door in site 56.

Dinner was my annual visit to the restaurant next door to the campground for greens, French fries and chicken fried steak (with the wrong gravy - brown) Still, pretty good.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment