Sunday, November 11, 2018

Day 98, Saturday, November 10, 2018 - Big Bend National Park, TX, Day 7

Saturday, November 10, 2018 - Big Bend National Park, TX, Day 7 - 0 Miles, 6,034.6 Miles for the Trip

I must have hit the laundry at the right time. The wind yesterday knocked out power to the campground (and the rest of Big Bend) for at least part of the day. No gas, propane, or internet (or washers & dryers). I never noticed - one of the advantages of dry camping. I am down quite a bit on the batteries. I was planning on baking a pizza from the store in the oven, but they only sold them in pairs, and I don't have room in the freezer for one. So, I made enchiladas. That required about 10 amp hours of Microwaving, but they were good. As of 3:00, I'm still down23 amp hours and it is partly cloudy, so I'm only getting 8 amps of charging from the solar panels. When the sun comes out, it jumps to 16 amps, but that isn't often enough to get me back to full by the end of the day.

I didn't do anything other than read, and take a couple of walks around the campground. The wind died down to minor gusts around 9:00 last night, and while cool at 57°F, it didn't get much cooler overnight. Unfortunately, it also didn't get much warmer until late afternoon - it is 69°F at 3:00.

Well, I'm at the store, and it seems the internet is still down, so I won't be posting tonight. I'll try again tomorrow. By the way, the campground is fuller than I've seen it during my stay. There are still a few shallow sites left, but most have RVs or tents. A few have tomorrow as their exit day, but others are here during the week. Lots of tents, most small backpacker styles.

As to dinner, I made enough room in the freezer to hold the second pizza, so it looks like a frozen pizza for dinner. It is "no name" brand, so it might not be worth the effort, but I'm running out of ideas out of the refrigerator. So, all the 2 piece, 12" pizzas are gone. I don't know if they thawed with the power outage, of all were sold after 4:00 yesterday, but I suspect the former. I do wonder about all the other frozen microwave meals that were ( and still are) in the freezer next to the empty space for the pizzas. In any case, they did have some Geno's pepperoni 14" refrigerator pizzas still in the freezer section, so I bought one. Hopefully, it won't kill me!

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment