Thursday, November 8, 2018

Day 96, Thursday, November 8, 2018 - Big Bend National Park, TX, Day 5

A 79 Minute Exposure Star Circle
Thursday, November 8, 2018 - Big Bend National Park, TX, Day 5 - 0 Miles, 6,034.6 Miles for the Trip

A warm overnight - only down into the mid 60's, and still in the mid 70's at midnight. I set up my tripod & dug out the D800 for a star circle photo.

By the way, Amy's Mushroom Risotto Bowl is delicious! The only problem is it requires microwaving, and with last night's run, by morning, after toast & coffee, I was down 50 amp hours, at 78% battery capacity. It was also a bit cloudy this morning, so I was wondering if I'd be able to make it up. The sun came out around 11:00, and when I left for Chisos Basin for dinner (around 2:30) it was only down 3.5 amp hours.

As mentioned, I drove to Chisos Basin for an early dinner. The restaurant lunch service ends at 4:00, and dinner doesn't start until 7:00, so I went early. Dinner chosen from a fairly limited menu was a couple of soft fish tacos with rice & beans. Not bad, but with tip, $20.00, more than I usually spend even at restaurants. The dinner menu was entirely more different, with more substantial meals (and more substantial prices).

I took a couple of photos of the Basin mountains on the way out. I also stopped at the campground. It was now listed as full, and sure looked like it. Photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.


Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment