Friday, April 20, 2018

Day 259, Friday, April 20, 2018 - Townsend KOA, Townsend, TN, Day 4

Friday, April 20, 2018 - Townsend KOA, Townsend, TN, Day 4 - 0 Miles, 6,991.7 Towing Miles For the Trip

Pie day! After breakfast, I drove to the Maryville Krogers. I called them yesterday to check that they had 3 pound bags of frozen Wyman's Maine Wild Blueberries, my favorites for pies. The guy from the grocery department insisted that they had them, and since I'd much rather drive to Maryville than Pigeon Forge, even though it is a few miles further to Maryville, I went. Well, no 3 pound bags of any blueberries, let alone Wyman's. They did have 2 1 pound bags of store brand. So, I headed to the Food City next door. Again, no Wyman's, but I did find 2.5 pound generic blueberries. Like everyone else's blueberries, they were huge, and almost flavorless ones; they work OK for pies, but no where near as good as the smaller wild ones. I'm not sure why the large frozen berries don't have much taste - at home, the best berries of the 6 varieties I grow are around 1/2" diameter. In any case, I picked up 2 bags. They were even on sale!

Back at the campground, I decided to bake the pies outside in the toaster oven. While not 80°F out, it is in the 70's, and I decided that as long as I had electric hookups, why not keep the heat outdoors. Of course digging out the toaster oven was a drag. I keep it under the bed, and it doesn't fit through the doors. You need to lift the entire full size, innerspring mattress to access the larger door under it to get at the oven, which usually means remaking the bed.

I made two pies. Not sure if this is really a two pie crowd, but having a couple of left over slices it better than someone not getting any.

Dinner was an Amy's Thai Pad Thai dinner.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment