Saturday, March 3, 2018

Day 211, Saturday, March 3, 2018 - Joe Pool Lake Campground, Grand Prairie, TX, Day 3

Saturday, March 3, 2018 - Joe Pool Lake Campground, Grand Prairie, TX, Day 3 - 0 Miles, 5,581.8 Towing Miles For the Trip

Another quiet day (I do seem to be having a lot of them!) There was a little noise in the campground, both last night & during the day - a troop of cub scouts are down at the corner below my site, and make noisy trips to the bathroom. Since i didn't hear too many screams, I'll bet they didn't try the shower!

I did my usual forum & journal reading, then sat outside in the sun reading my current book - Stephan J. Cannell's The Plan. It is interesting in that it was written in 1999, but has scary parallels to the most recent presidential campaign (Well, I hope, not the mob part, but the process & describing the mood of the populous). The weather has been great. Mid 50's at night and low 70's during the day, with lots of sun. Clouds & rain are predicted for tomorrow, but maybe I'll drive out of it heading into Louisiana.

I did call both my son in Oswego, where they just had 12" of heavy, wet snow, and my friends Guido & Anne to wish her an early happy birthday (no telling what one) since I don't know if I'll have cell service tomorrow.

Late afternoon I headed for MY shower. While it is a pain to wipe down the bathroom after a shower (the Escape 21, like all Escape models, has a wet bath that becomes completely soaked during a shower) it is nice to have room, both in the bathroom & the gray tank, for an on board shower. I rarely used the shower in the 17, but the 21 works well.

Dinner was a Bistro Spinach Dijon salad. I usually purchase single serving salads since I don't usually eat one made with individual vegetables before the grow too old. I don't remember if this one came from Walmart or Krogers, but it was excellent.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment