Saturday, February 15, 2014

Imperial Dam BLM, CA, Day 6

Hot Springs BLM, CA

Saturday, February 15, 2014, Imperial Dam BLM, CA, Day 6 - 0 miles, 5008 For the Trip

I will not whine about the heat! I will not whine about the heat! I will not whine about the heat! There, I got that out of my system. ( It hit 90°F again today...)

After doing a count of my stash of medicine, and thinking about where I'm planning to go over the next month, I decided I needed some transferred refills from my home pharmacy. Since Yuma is the closest place with a CVS, that is where I went this morning. Since it takes a couple of days for a transfer to go through, I was planning to pick up the meds when I went by Yuma on the way to Hot Springs next Monday, but after looking at Hot Springs, the plans change.

Yes, I drove to Hot Springs to check it out. I wasn't all that impressed. Very small soaking tubs that were filled with people. The camping area was also pretty full. While there were a few spaces available, they were a long way from the spring. So, I'm going to stay here at Imperial Dam for the remainder of my permit, then head towards Joshua Tree, possibly by way of Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, and, either make another trip to Yuma unhooked, or go by the city on the way.

I did stop at a rest stop to take a couple of photographs of the Imperial Dunes Recreation Area. Lots of dune buggy's driving up & down the dunes. On the way back my GPS took me on a tour of many of the Imperial County farm roads before it found county route 24, which eventually hits Senator Wash, the road leading to the Imperial Dam BLM campground. On the way I passed Laguna Dam & the nearby campground. I now understand the note on one of the campground reviews about the noise from the dam - it wouldn't bother me since I love the sound of water, but I guess it might be a problem for some. Photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was a steak, mashed potatoes & snap peas.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment