Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Anza-Borrego State Park, CA, Day 2

A Roadrunner
Tuesday, February 25, 2014, Anza-Borrego State Park, CA, Day 2 - 0 miles, 5175.6 For the Trip

At day 139, this in now my longest trip, with or without the trailer (I don't count the year in Vietnam as a trip!). Still having fun. Today I hiked the Panoramic Overlook Trail. A bit steep at times, but an easy 1 mile round trip. Since it provides a panoramic view of the park, I included a panorama. Don't click on the link to the large view unless you have a fast connection & plenty of data allotment- it is 2.7MB.

After the hike I drove into Borrego Springs (the nearest town about 2 miles from the park) to check out the shops, mail a card, and buy some groceries. I shouldn't complain about gas at $3.92 like yesterday - here it is $4.09 for regular unleaded. I toured the local art gallery - not all that impressed with most of the paintings, but there was some good photography displayed from a Desert Photography contest.

Didn't do much else other than the usual reading, relaxing, etc. I did finally catch a photo of the roadrunner that loves to run through my site. It is either an immature of female - the males have more color on their heads. I do understand why Wiley Coyote has so many problems - they are fast! I also included a photo of the my last sunset at Imperial Dam. While it is only in the mid 80's, it feels much hotter. Might be the bit of sunburn I got on the hike! Photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner will be spaghetti and meatballs; I'll save the left over chicken breast for tomorrow. I was heading for a shower, but I think I'll wait until after dinner - about 20 kids just walked by carrying towels!

Until tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. We have driven along the edges of Anza Borrego, never into the desert. At least you caught the roadrunner.

    ReplyDelete