Thursday, August 4, 2011

Massey, Ontario

Today's Photo - Site 54, Chutes Provincial Park, Massey, Ontario















Another day of driving along CA 17 with no photographs to show for it. I did stop at Agawa to take a photo of the pictographs on cliffs next to Lake Superior, but they required purchasing a parking pass from a machine that, of course, didn't take US dollars. So, back in the RAV4 & continue east. Again, a pretty drive along Lake Superior, Lake Huron, and many small lakes & streams.

I stopped for the day at Massey & the Chutes Provincial Park. I'm in site 54, at the suggestion of the gate attendant. A site that is plenty large enough for the trailer, even leaving it hooked up, however the electric connection is so far from the site that I had to position the trailer against a tree to get it close enough for my 30' cord to connect. This is the first time I wish I had been carrying an extension cord! It is a nice day, around 82°F. Since I had to unhook to position the trailer within reach of the receptacle, I'm going to drive into Massey & either pick up something for dinner or eat out. There is no WiFi here in the park - I'll only be able to post this if I find a WiFi location in town. Otherwise it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Well, thanks to the Mohawk Motel, I did manage to post.  Thanks again to the motel!

I know I said (well, typed) earlier that I didn't have any photos to show for the drive along CA 17, but I have to modify that - here in Chutes Provincial there are a bunch of waterfalls and cascades on the Aux Sables River that runs through the park - it pays to actually read the newspaper the park hands out as you enter! I took the Falls & Two Bridges trails to photograph a bunch of them.  Photos at Today's Lakeshore Images Journal.

Until Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment