Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Next Trip - Nantucket, MA

Nantucket Harbor















Although I did post a "Final Update", that is only for the last trip.  I'm already off on another, however without the trailer. The ferry ride to the island is $435.00 (car & driver) round trip - the trailer would have added over $1000.00 to that, so it is staying home.

Nantucket is an island off the coast of Cape Cod, MA.  My parents moved there when they retired in 1978, and my brother currently owns & lives in the house. He is a carpenter on the island, a job that depends on the economy. Although he still has some work, it is slow, and his company is down to one crew.

Anyhow, it is a great place to visit.  You have your choice of beaches - gentle or surf filled, crowded or completely empty (although empty is getting harder to find).  Good fishing from shore or boat although it is a little late in the season for Striped Bass, a favorite eating fish.

For anyone interested, I'll be posting a journal at Nantucket 2011, but since it really isn't a "Journey", I won't be adding those updates to this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment