Thursday, September 10, 2026

2026 Trip to Algonac & Niagara Escape Rallies, Day 3

Another warm night with the outside temperature only going down to 73°F and 74°F in the trailer.

During my morning walk I saw a number (10) GMC Motorhomes. Built between 1973 & 1978, these were General Motors attempt at entering the motorhome business. They sold 12,921 over the lifespan of the vehicle & there are many clubs & groups that keep them going today. For more information, check out their Wikipedia page.

A GMC Motorhome

We spent much of the day sitting around reading. We did take a break to head to the VC Grocery store about 3 miles north of the campground. I went for a bag of oranges and came back with two full grocery bags.

One of the nice things about camping at the Algonac State Park is watching the boats on the St Clair River.



After dinner I rubbed the ribs that we will be grilling for tomorrow. Dinner tonight was a shrimp & kielbasa dish put together by Anne.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment