Tuesday, July 16, 2024

2024 Trip to Bolerama & Takoma Park - Cherry Hill Park, College Park, MD, Day 7

Tuesday, July 16, 2024 - Cherry Hill Park, College Park, MD, 222.7 Miles, 606.2 Miles For The Trip

I ran the AC in the trailer most of the night, shutting it off, opening windows & starting the Maxx fan around 5:00AM. It did get down to 66°F but took a long time to do it.

We left Woodland around 10:00 & followed the GPSs to Cherry Hill. For some unusual reason, both my Matilda and Anne's GPS agreed with each other, at least until the last 15 miles. On the way the truck outside thermometer recorded 104°F. At Cherry Hill it shower 101°F while the thermometer in the ladder storage box under the trailer shower 97°F. No matter which you go by, too hot! 

They changed our sites by a couple rows. Closer to the bathrooms, but further from the pool & snack bar. I'm in site 1618 & the Guidos have a corner lot on 1620. The bathrooms are across the street. Sites are full hookup standard back in on gravel, just deep enough for the trailer & tow vehicle. I needed 3 1/2" of side to side leveling, and none front to back. Since I'm sure we will be taking the truck over the next 5 days, I unhooked anyway. Five nights at $101.00 per night (same as I paid for a "deluxe" site back in March on the way back from Arizona. While this is the most I've ever paid for a campsite, it is in a Washington DC suburb with buses to all the attractions, nice sites, good bathrooms, free putt putt golf, a large pool & a snack bar that we will probably hit a lot. 

Me in Site 1618

The Guidos in Site 1620

I plugged in the power cord before I finished setting up the trailer & fired up the AC to cool down the trailer from 97°F inside. A fellow forum member wanted to know how the 9600BTU Houghton worked under real conditions, so I kept track - 3:00 97°F, 3:20 90°F, 3:30 85°F, 4:15 78°F. 4:30 77°F. By 5:30 it reached the set temperature of 72°F with an outside temperature of 99°F. At 8:00 it is still 97°F outside. I didn't track the humidity, but the outside is 74% and in the trailer it is 40%. The inside temperature is still dropping. The AC is running on automatic - the fan runs in high continuously & the compressor the same.

We made a quick trip to CVS & a Giant, then back to the trailers. Headed over to the cafe and discovered that it is closed on Tuesdays, so off to the nearest Pandora for dinner. I had a Greek & Chicken Salad.

After getting back to the trailer I turned down the AC fan speed to low.  We will see if it can keep the trailer at a decent temperature.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment