Tuesday, July 9, 2024

2024 Trip to Bolerama & Takoma Park - Getting Ready

Tuesday, July 9, 2024 - Home, 0 Miles, 0 Miles For The Trip

I made a 3 day trip to Delta Lake State Park with the Guidos just to get the trailer out of the driveway. No web pages, just a daily report at here at my Blogger site. This will be a longer trip - 2 weeks, starting with a trip to Bolerama in the Long Beach Conservation Area, Wainfleet Ontario. The Boler is credited as the first fiberglass egg trailer, started 56 years ago in Winnipeg, Manitoba. While the trailer has been out of production since 1998, there are many of them still around. Bolerama is a rally that attracts many Bolers as well as fiberglass trailers by other manufacturers. After the rally we are headed to Takoma Park & the Cherry Hill campground to visit with my daughter's family.

As usual for a trip, I printed up my 4 page check list to help make sure I bring everything I need for the trip. About 3/4 of the stuff is checked off & in the trailer, but there is a bunch of stuff I can't pack until the day we leave.

Since we plan to cross into Canada at the Peace Bridge in Buffalo, the Guidos are spending the night parked in my driveway. We will leave Wednesday. 

While I have finished the peas & pulled 10 heads of garlic, much of my raised bed garden will probably ripen while I'm away. I have managed to vacuum pack & freeze 8 6 cup bags of blueberries (the amount I use to make a blueberry pie). There are still lots on the bushes. A good year for blueberries & black raspberries; not so good for the apples & cherry trees - almost no fruit.

Some of the Garlic

The Squash & Beans

Our Mini RV Park

Dinner was a trip to Rudy's - the local fish stand on Lake Ontario.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment