Sunday, June 23, 2024

A Short Trip to Delta Lake State Park, Rome, NY, Day 1

 

We  (actually, Anne) decided it was time to take the trailers on a trip.  The plan was to hit a couple of NY campgrounds, but most of them were either filled, ort didn't have spaces left next to each other. She finally found us three days at Delta Lake State Park near Rome, NY.  Since neither of us had been to the park before, we made the reservations.

A shorter drive for me than the Guidos -  69.1 miles for me.  The sites are on grass/dirt and, if it starts to rain, mud.  Level enough that I didn't need to unhook, but I did put the stabilizers down. Twenty bucks per night or $73.25 for three nights with the $7.25 reservation fee for electric only sites.

The Guidos in Site 35

Me in site 37
After setting up I fired up the AC to cool down the trailer - it was 85°F inside when I arrived.  Light rain off & on during the drive.  Thunderstorms are predicted, but right now they are on both sides of us with an outside temperature a humid 80°F.

Guidos brought their Clam and set it up on high ground so we have a place to head for if the bugs or rain gets bad.

Strange internet, at least with AT&T.  19.5Mbps down & 2.4Mbps up with a .35 second ping.  That said, for awhile I couldn't log on to blogger, and web pages took minutes to load.  Then, at least for awhile, it started working like one would expect with the download figures.

I did get to try my WiFi booster - gives me about 4 times the distance that the cell routers provide, although a bit slower because of teh hop through a second router.

We spent the afternoon reading under the Guido awning.  For dinner I set up my new Napoleon Grill and cooked up a bunch of Butterball turkey burgers.  Those, along with some potato salad & a shrimp salad was dinner.  A little before 7:00 it started to rain enough to chase us inside.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment