Friday, November 19, 2021

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 30

 Friday, November 19, 2021 - Tumble Inn RV Park, Marfa, TX - 148.5 Miles,2,789.8 Miles for the Trip

Site 6, Tumble Inn, Marfa TX

Even though today is a "move" day, I did my walk around the campground. I only have to go 150 miles to get to Marfa, so I had plenty of time. Lots of folks heading out this morning. All of the drive once I was out of Big Bend was 75MPH 2 lane roads. I did 60MPH. It didn't improve my fuel mileage compared to 65MPH - today was 11.9MPG. I pulled into the Tumble Inn RV Park around 1:30. A fairly primitive campground with no host. You go in a small trailer & find your reservation & site listed on a white board, fill out the paperwork & head for your site. Unlisted sites are available as first come. I'm in a pull through on dirt that is full hook up for $30.00 per night. The campground is between an active railroad & US 90, both providing background noise.

After setting up the trailer I headed to the Porter Market for a few supplies. Still looking for Alaskan Amber beer but no luck so far. I did pick up a microwavable Chili Relleno dinner, which I'll try tonight. Back at the trailer I headed for the showers. Many would give it a poor rating because it is somewhat dark and unfinished (no tile, etc). I give it an A because it has everything I want. A large shower & drying room with a strong spray shower head, shower curtain & a lip on the floor that keeps the shower water from running under the shower curtain. Shelves in the shower for your stuff, a large bench in the drying room as well as hooks for your clothes & towel. Clean except for a collection of half filled shampoo bottles, even a bathmat. The bathroom appears to be heated, although it isn't cold enough at 4:00 to tell.

After that I caught up on some of the RV forums I read as well as 300 email messages that stacked up while I was away from the internet. 

I called Camping World of El Paso (which is actually in Anthony) and they have the power tongue jack I want, so I'll stop by on my way to Pancho Villa State Park on Sunday. That makes it a long day at over 325 miles, but during the long stay at Pancho Villa I should be able to install it.

Dinner was the Chili Relleno - it was better than I expected, although not anywhere as nice as that at Chopes in La Mesa, NM, a restaurant I will not be able to stop at since it is closed Sunday & Monday & I'll be going by it on Sunday. They make the best Chili Relleno I've ever had.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment