Thursday, August 26, 2021

Pickin ' In The Pasture, Day 2

The Price Sisters

 Day 2, and the official start of the bluegrass festival. While they have breakfast sandwiches available, I opted for cold cereal. After that, a walk around the camping area & a couple of photos of the grounds. While most of the RVs are large Class A's, 5th Wheels, and traditional trailers, there are a few small trailers. I saw a MeerKat, a small fiberglass trailer & a plywood homebuilt. 

With the fan running all night near full speed, the computer recharging, and all my electronic stuff (including the morning pot of drip coffee) feeding off the 3 lithium batteries, I was down to 87% just after breakfast. It is a fairly hazy day and at 10:00 already 80°F, and the solar panels are producing between 120 - 180 watts, with the stuff other than the batteries drawing close to 9 amps, so the batteries are slowly on their way back up. Once the laptop is full, much more will go into the batteries.

I stopped down at the stage around 3:30 and caught a couple of acts. I wonder if someone fell off the front of the stage in the last couple of years. There is a cable across the front that "cuts" through photos of the performers.

After dinner I headed back to catch a couple repeat performances.  It is still hot - 79°F and high humidity at 9:00PM.  Tomorrow is suppose to be cooler and less humid.

More photos at Pickin' In The Pasture, Day 2

I ordered a BBQ Meat Loaf dinner that was suppose to be ready at 4:00. They didn't start delivering until 4:30. Still, not too bad for captive food.









I ordered a BBQ Meat Loaf dinner that was suppose to be ready at 4:00. They didn't start delivering until 4:30. Still, not too bad for captive food.

No comments:

Post a Comment