Saturday, May 15, 2021

Spring Fling Trip, Day 4

 

The Beans & Coleslaw

Friday, May 14, 2021 - Chocorua Camping Village KOA, Tamworth, Day 3 - 0 miles, 394.5 Miles For the Trip


Sorry this is late - I thought I posted it last night but it never happened.

The ceramic disk heater did a little better last night, but its greatest feature, the ability to change speed & wattage with the temperature, doesn't seem to be working. I was a bit warmer by morning with the setting I chose last night, but below the 65°F I planned on. Again, I cranked it up when I got up at 7:00, and by 8:00 it was fine.

I explored the other side of the pond during my morning walk. Lots of vacation cottages, one of which was doing tree work. They started around 7:30AM, and the chipper sounded like it was next door. Caused some early risers at the campground! I did check out the remains of the dam at the end of the pond. Many years ago the pond would have been called a lake & was 20' higher. An attempt was made to use the dam as an electric generating station, but a flood wiped it & the dam out with the lake becoming the pond it is today.

The black flies were not too bad this morning so I ate breakfast sitting at the site's glass table. The tree workers chased me inside while I was enjoying my coffee by starting up the chipper again.

I baked a blueberry pie. While we are not having a pot luck dinner, we are having spaghetti & meatballs with garlic bread supplied by Jerry (the rally host) & I'll bring the pie. While technically it is for Don, Anne & myself, anyone who wants a piece can dig in.

This afternoon Jerry did a cooking demo, making fried corn. A big improvement over straight out of the can.

After that I made another trip around the campground to try to photograph the newer arrivals. This seems to be the year of the Scamp 13. Usually there are one or two, but this year there are close to a dozen. 

While we didn't have a pot luck we also didn't have spaghetti. Jerry rightfully decided in the days of social distancing, standing in line for a spaghetti dinner wouldn't work. Instead, they made delicious baked beans, coleslaw, and garlic bread. An excellent meal followed by (at least for us) blueberry pie. Anne took the remainders home.

Many more photos at the Spring Fling page.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment