Friday, March 19, 2021

Spring Projects

 We are finally hitting 50°F days (although it is only 29°F today) so I pulled the cover off the trailer & started on some projects I've put off over the winter.  

The first was  fairly simple - I got tired of the trailer 7 pin plug falling into the mud, sand, etc when the trailer is disconnected from the truck.  No matter how carefully I wound it around the trailer jack, it usually ended up on the ground.  The solution? An AP Products Plug Guard. I mounted it to the front storage box & hope that it will keep the plug off the ground.


The next project was a bit more involved.  I decided to add a third Battleborn 100 amp hour lithium battery.  While I've been happy with the two, the third will let me go a week without needing sun to recharge them.  I removed the old battery box & built a battery holder - a piece of 1" X 12", some 2" aluminum angle, and a set of hold down straps.  I also added a piece of 1/8" styrene plastic sheeting to separate the batteries from the under seat storage area.  Wiring the #0 cables between the batteries was "interesting".  


After adding the third battery I reset the Victron 712 battery monitor to 300 amps.  So far everything is working.

I still have a bunch of projects lined up, but I'll probably wait until further into the weekend since the predicted temperatures are in the high 50's for Sunday.  

Until next time - 

No comments:

Post a Comment