Monday, March 22, 2021

Another Warm Day

 It warmed up into the 60's; the crocus are up and flowering, & the daffodils are a couple of inches out of the ground.




One project I've wanted to do for awhile is to change the Dometic thermostat.  The first idea was to replace the one in the trailer with their Bluetooth version.  The capacitive touch pads on the existing thermostat are difficult to operate - sometimes they switch, and other times they skip through a couple of touches with just one touch.  


Unfortunately, after waiting 2 months for an ordered thermostat, I received notice that Dometic dropped their Bluetooth version.

After visiting the Micro- Air website for an Easy Start to add to my air conditioner, I discovered that they make a replacement for the Dometic thermostat that has both Bluetooth & WiFi. 


After installing, I discovered that it also has a much better touch screen.  

After that I took advantage of the nice weather & trimmed the grape vines & cleaned up one of the flower beds.

Until Next Time - 



1 comment:

  1. You'll love the Easy Start, I have to really listen to hear the compressor start if I have the fan set to stay on. My Honda twin 2000 generators like it too, I can leave the gens set to Eco mode and they start the compressor easily. I'm going to check out that thermostat now, it looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete