Saturday, October 21, 2017

Day 78, Saturday, October 21, 2017 - San Luis Creek Campground, CA, Day 3

Bird Attack!
Saturday, October 21, 2017 - San Luis Creek Campground, CA, Day 3, 0 Miles, 2,010.5 Towing Miles For the Trip

Happy Birthday to my son Kyle!

My feathered friend woke me up at dawn again. This time I had a camera in the trailer so I got a couple of photos. Lousy quality because of the low light & window screens, but you get the idea. Very persistent - he/she would take a 15 - 20 minute break, then back at it, hitting the window every 10 seconds or so flying back & forth between the truck & the window - still going at 10:00AM. One more photo at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Another quiet day at the campground. I talked a bit with my neighbor, took a couple of walks around the campground, and sat outside reading. I started a new book - A Spot of Bother, by Mark Haddon. A very funny story that I found in a campground laundry written by a British author published in Britain. I love trading books - I find authors I'd never think to buy (or find) in a bookstore. Some are terrible, but many are wonderful new discoveries.

Dinner was the rest of the shrimp cocktail & an ɘvol Shanghai Noodles & Grilled Chicken dinner. A bit too dry for me but edible, and it forced me to look up how to make a backwards "e" in HTML!

Until Tomorrow -

2 comments:

  1. Hi John, I'm the neighbor! I'll be following, at times, your travels as I hunt for my own adventures not too far from home. I imagine you will be long gone by December but I'll be on the coast for 10 days through Christmas. Safe travels, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you! Safe travels yourself.

    ReplyDelete