Monday, October 23, 2017

Day 80, Monday, October 23, 2017 - Buena Vista Aquatic Recreation Area,Taft, CA, Day 2

Sunset & Moon
Monday, October 23, 2017 - Buena Vista Aquatic Recreation Area,Taft, CA, Day 2, 0 Miles, 2,175.9 Towing Miles For the Trip

I sat around reading all morning since my remaining prescriptions would not be ready until noon. I decided to replace my legal sized file box with a letter size, since the legal barely fit in the storage cabinet. I didn't like the latch on the Walmart version since 2 of them failed, requiring pliers to open them. I looked for a Staples, but the one in Bakersfield closed. The Office Max was open, but 30 miles from the campground. I went anyway, picked up exactly what I was looking for, and a couple of pens. I also stopped at a Walmart & Albertson's on the way back to the Rite Aid, then back to the campground.

More sitting around reading - currently Stephen King's Thinner.

By the way, there is good cell coverage here in the park, with both Verizon & AT&T showing better than 10MB download & 13MB upload speeds. I still have less drop out with Verizon than AT&T, but since the AT&T is unlimited, I tend to use it even when each is available. Now that I'm towards the end of the Verizon cycle with only 6GB used, I can switch to it.

My friend Anne stopped by the house to pick up my 2018 trailer registration (they will only mail it to my home address), plus some other pieces of mail & sent it to General Delivery in a town I will be passing through on Wednesday. Unfortunately, the package is scheduled to arrive by 5:00PM & I expect to be passing through around 2:00. I'll check to see if it is early, but if not, I'll stop on the way back from Red Rock Canyon State Park. By the way, while Red Rock Canyon is a beautiful park, there is no cell coverage, so I will disappear for awhile after tomorrow...

I took another sunset photo. A bit different from last night, but still pretty. I must be getting brave (or too much wine with dinner) - I played my Navajo flute for a bit even though I have neighbors! I am terrible at it, but I've always wanted one, so I keep plugging away.

Dinner was a couple of grilled chicken thighs & grilled asparagus, along with a large glass of Wellesley Island Wine, an upstate NY white wine from the Thousand Islands Winery that I like. Probably a bit sweet for some, but a nice grape taste. If you want a really sweet, grape tasting wine, try their Niagara! I love the flavor, but it is too sweet for me.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment