Thursday, January 5, 2017

Day 67, Thursday, January 5, 2017, Imperial Dam, CA, Day 6

M60 Tank
Thursday, January 5, 2017, Imperial Dam, CA, Day 6, 0 Miles, 3,923.7 Miles For the Trip

A fairly warm night - the furnace only came on twice for short runs. After a long walk it was warm enough to enjoy cooking breakfast outdoors, so I had bacon & eggs.

I spent most of the day reading, but decided around 2:30 to drive to a "Farm Store" on US95 for some broccoli. While labeled as a farm store, they had no produce. Lots of jams, dates, and kitsch, but it sure wasn't a vegetable stand. Since I was half way to Yuma, I went the rest of the way to a grocery store for my broccoli. My GPS lied about the location of the nearest store (Fry's) so I eventually ended up at Walmart again. On the way back I found the Fry's...

By the time I got back to the trailer, I only had about a half hour till dinner time, which was the last of my NY strip steaks, and, of course, the broccoli.

Here are the photos of the guns & tanks at the entrance to the Proving Grounds on Imperial Dam road that I took yesterday. I tried to include the ID information in the images:

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment