Thursday, September 15, 2016

The Niagara Wine Escape, Day 1

Site 51, Riverside Hotel & Campground
This seems like a recording of last year (in fact, it is a cut & paste), but like the 2 years before, I got a head start & arrived at the Riverside Park Campground & Motel on Thursday. I took NY 104 all the way to Niagara Falls, NY, and crossed at Rainbow Falls. Not a bad drive, although a broken 18 wheeler in the middle of Rochester slowed things down a bit.

No problems crossing the border - they didn't even ask about the blueberries in the freezer.  I do have to make a run to a grocery store for a couple of lemons, but I've got everything other than else necessary to make a couple of pies.

I wandered around the campground & took a few photos of the early arrivals.  We have trailers (and, of course, people) from all over the US & Canada, including Florida, Arizona & Texas.  While I've received the award for the longest travel to get to the rally at a couple Oregon rallies, I won't get it here!

Some photos at the 2016 Niagara Wine Escape pages, starting here.

I'll add more photos and pages as the rally progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment