Sunday, September 25, 2016

September 23 - 27 Northeast Gathering at Schodack Island State Park, NY

At the Rally
Saturday was also a quiet day. I walked to the boat ramp (the park is located on an island in the Hudson River) did some reading, and towards the end of the afternoon, baked my traditional rally pot luck contribution, a blueberry pie. Some day I'm going to shock everyone that knows me and make something else, but I still had blueberries in the freezer so that's what I'm making.

We had a group campfire, no S'Mores, but fresh apple cider, cider donuts, and snacks passed around. I headed back to the trailer around 9:30 when my ears started to get numb.

Sunday, 9/25/16 - 

It was a very cool night, at least compared to recent temperatures. At 5:00AM (don't ask how I knew) it was 44°F. Lots of sun, so it warmed up to the 60's fairly quickly. They are predicting scattered frosts tonight with lows in the mid 30's.

We are having the pot luck this afternoon around 4:00. A bit different from the traditional Saturday night meal, but it better fits the schedules of those coming to the rally, and will be more comfortable temperature wise. I walked around the campground taking a couple of photos of the trailers & participants. More photos at the Rally page.

I'll add more photos as the rally progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment