Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Day 94, Wednesday, February 1, 2017, Dome Rock, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 1

Panorama of the Mostly Empty Dome Rock Camping Area on February 1st, 2017
Wednesday, February 1, 2017, Dome Rock, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 1, 12.2 Miles, 4,003.9 Miles For the Trip

After coffee & breakfast, I packed up the trailer, said goodbyes to Linda & Mel, then headed to the dump station. Not too bad a line, but more than I expected. After dumping the black & gray tanks, I filled the fresh water tank & headed to Dome Rock. I decided to set up near the "Official" headquarters area so it would be easier to help with registration, etc. I used my new folding rake to remove the larger rocks form the area I'm putting down my mat, set up the portable solar panel, leveled the trailer, and lowered the stabilizers, set up & leveled my folding table, set up the hummingbird feeder & mixed a batch of "nectar", opened the front window cover, and set up the stuff inside the trailer that I have to put away to travel. All that just to move 4.5 miles! The one 5th wheel in the area is still here, although it looks like they may be packing up.

I sat outside in the shade of the trailer (it is close to 80°F and a very light wind) and read the Syracuse paper to catch up on the home town news, then Glenda and her friend John stopped by, and will probably move her Casita & his Class A over here tomorrow.

I hiked up most of the way to the top on one of the "mountains" behind the Dome Rock camping area (not Dome Rock) to take a panorama of the empty campground. While it does show how empty it is, I'm not sure the location will be good for showing the lower areas when full. I may try driving as far up one of the higher mountains as possible tomorrow to see if the angle is better. There are a bunch of "roads" that go in the general direction that look interesting. I included a photo of the rock I stood on to take the panorama so I could find it again for a shot when the campground is full.

In any case, I included the first panorama in today's photos. If you have a fast connection, you can click on the full sized version (it is 7.1MB) and see the individual trailers that are already here. Even the 8000 pixel wide version above was 2.4MB when I uploaded it. The rest of the images are on today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner will be a stir fry of the left over steak from last night.

Until Tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. I'll come your direction on Sunday. Meanwhile, I'm out at Road Runner with the SKP Geocachers group.

    ReplyDelete