Thursday, October 9, 2014

Salmon River Falls, Orwell, NY

The Salmon River, Orwell, NY
Another short trip, this time about 35 miles to the Salmon River Falls, the largest waterfall in Oswego County.  As far as I'm concerned, the only waterfall in Oswego County - there is another one, Mad River Falls, however although I have found the Mad River, I have not found any way to access the part of it that Google shows as the location of the falls.

I try to visit the Salmon River Falls and the river below it every Fall.  While not the most picturesque waterfall in the area, I have found lovely sections of the river below the falls.  One difficulty - the path to the area below the falls is a rough 100' drop that involves some narrow paths and uneven steps  that require a cable hand rail to negotiate.  For some reason, it gets harder to climb back out each year!

Here are a couple more photos:

A Section of Salmon River Falls

Salmon River Falls
Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment