Thursday, January 6, 2011

Syracuse RV Show

Today's Photo  - Fall Reflections on a Pond, Sterling Nature Center, NY











The 14th Annual Campers World RV Supershow started today at the New York State Fairgrounds. Not sure why I went since I have made up my mind, but it's always nice to see what's out there.  Of course, for this show there is only one dealer, (Campers World) so the choices are a bit limited...
Since the entire show is indoors (we had a foot of snow Tuesday night and 6" last night) things are crammed together. There was a pretty good mix of 5th wheels, travel trailers & motorhomes, both new & used.


Since I wasn't one of the individuals that won the $380 million Mega Millions jackpot, I won't be buying this Itasca Meridian Diesel Pusher, but I have to admit it is a nice Class A RV.  Much too big for what I want to do, but well designed.  It uses a side isle to get to the bedroom, which has always made sense to me.

Anyhow, if I was going to purchase a class A RV, this Winnebago Via 25Q would probably be more like what I'd want.  at 25', it is a reasonable size, diesel powered (although I have heard of problems getting service on the Mercedes chassis).  At over $100K, this is still a bit much.

Other than pop ups, this was the smallest trailer at the show.  A close inspection inside reassures me that the Escape fiberglass trailer is well worth the extra cost.  I was not impressed with the construction.

Most of the Class B's were used.  You can tell that concerns about fuel prices are still prevalent - most of the class B's were selling at a premium.

Well, that's it for the show.  Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment