Friday, February 26, 2016

Valley Vista RV Resort, Benson, AZ, Day 3, Tombstone & Bisbee

The Copper Queen Hotel, Bisbee, AZ
Friday, February 26, 2016, Valley Vista RV Resort, Benson, AZ, Day 3, Tombstone & Bisbee, 0 Miles, 4,422.2 Miles for the Trip

After breakfast and a stop at the local Walmart to replace a deflated pillow, I decided to play tourist. The plan was to go to Bisbee, a town I skipped on the last trip through the area. Since AZ 80 goes through Tombstone, I really played tourist & stopped for a couple of photos. At least I didn't wait around for the shoot out at the OK Corral that is reenacted multiple times per day (although I did photograph it the last time through).

The Courthouse Museum hasn't changed in the 2 years since my last visit in 2013, but I took a few photos during this visit. I included one of a collection of photos of Cochise County Sheriffs - for the J. A. Jance's Joanna Brady fans, not a woman among them!

After that it was on to Bisbee. The town is built onto the side of a hill so taking photos of some of the historic buildings was tough. I included a few, and a couple of panoramas. As usual, don't try to click on the large versions unless you have a fast connection & lots of data available.

On the way back to Benson I stopped at a combination Monastery/RV Park outside of St David, a few miles south of Benson on AZ 80. I suspect The Holy Trinity Monastery is the source for the Monastery/RV Park that appears in some of J. A. Jance's novels. The RV Park sign is to the left in the photo. An unusual combination! That & the rest of today's photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was the "All You Can Eat" Baked Cod dinner at the Galleano's Italian & American restaurant. Twp large pieces of excellent fish, scalloped potatoes, coleslaw, bread sticks, and a cup of clam chowder, all for $13.90 (including tax). Restaurants are far less expensive here in the southwest than at home. I'm being spoiled!

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment