Thursday, February 11, 2016

Dome Rock BLM Area, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 11 & the Quartzsite Fiberglass Rally Day 4

Music Under the Moon
Thursday, February 11, 2016, Dome Rock BLM Area, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 11, 0 Miles, 4,057.9 Miles for the Trip
Quartzsite Fiberglass Rally Day 4

Well, the frozen stew was OK, but not up to second day stew. I took a couple of evening photos of the musicians performing around the campfire, then headed into the trailer to read.

After a morning walk I tackled the refrigerator door. Not as tough a job as I thought, although taking the lower panel off to get at the hinge location was "interesting". All the dials & push buttons that select the refrigerator mode, light the gas & set the thermostat are in the lower panel, and as it opened up enough to get at the hinge, the dials & buttons all disconnected from their mechanics. The old hinge pin came out OK & fit the new hinge, and everything went back together with much "giggling".

Since I had the door off for about a half an hour to do the hinge, I also defrosted the freezer & cooling fins. I put everything in a cooler and the frozen stuff stayed frozen, so both jobs went well.

Most of the rest of the day was spent sitting & reading, walking around, taking down the Easy-Up (I'm not sure why I put it up other than because I've carried it 5000 miles, so I felt I needed to get it out at least once to justify packing it). I did take a short break to drive into the LTVA to drop off my garbage, and to the grocery store for some lunch meat & ice cream.

After getting back to Dome Rock I made a loop around the trailers with the camera. You can no longer make an accurate count since, due to the rally lasting enough days that some people came, stayed for a week then left. I checked with Greg (the host) and over 150 trailers have registered as of this afternoon. More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page and/or page 2 of the Quartzsite Fiberglass Rally.


Dinner will be a cheese brat & salad.

Well, to keep things honest, between the first post of today's page and actual dinner I was full enough from lunch for dinner to morph into cheese & crackers & a hard boilded egg.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment