Thursday, February 18, 2016

Imperial Dam BLM LTVA, CA, Day 4

Sunrise at Imperial Dam
Thursday, February 18, 2016, Imperial Dam BLM LTVA, CA, Day 4, 0 Miles, 4134.6 Miles for the Trip

A bit cooler today, although a warm night. Lots of cloud cover at dawn produced a great sunrise.

After a long walk to the end of Senator Wash Road (the dirt section in the campground) I had a quick breakfast, then read my usual forums & blogs. Around 11:00 I headed to Yuma to pick up my Allstate NY "Proof of Insurance" documents. While my NY office sent them a copy of the insurance card, they didn't need it since all Allstate offices can access the records for any client.

While there I did a little shopping at Walmart. Lots of snack food as well as some of the supplies I had run out of. I should have held off on the fruit & vegetables; lots of stands along US 95 on the way back to the campground. There are also many fields growing cabbage & other winter vegetables. I drove by a picking operation - couldn't stop for a photo, but it was quite a system that went directly from a growing cabbage to packing in a box ready to ship.

After putting the food away, I ate Walmart fried chicken for an early dinner. Not too bad and there is plenty left over for tomorrow.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment