Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Dome Rock BLM Area, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 10 & the Quartzsite Fiberglass Rally Day 3

The Ukulele Class
Wednesday, February 10, 2016, Dome Rock BLM Area, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 10, 0 Miles, 4,057.9 Miles for the Trip
Quartzsite Fiberglass Rally Day 3

During my morning walk I brought along the camera and took a few photos. After that it was breakfast & reading a few web pages & forums. I checked, and my website went from it's average 300 hits a day to over 2000 yesterday & is already at 1200 today, so I guess a few people are checking out the rally page. I'll add both sets of today's photos, then will start a second page tomorrow so it doesn't take too long to load the thumbnails.

After that I made a trip to Parker to buy a watchband. I stopped on the way to see why my refrigerator hinge didn't come in (it has been two weeks & they said 8 days) and discovered that it was on today's UPS truck. I picked it up on the way back from Parker. While it is the correct hinge, the pin portion is apparently a separate part & wasn't included. I hope I can get the old pin out of the pieces of the old hinge.

I bought an expansion band for my watch, but it looked like it might be a little too wide, so I also bought a cheap leather one that I knew would fit. When I got back to the trailer I discovered I was right - I now have a leather band with a buckle, something I dislike. At least I can stop looking at an empty wrist to check the time!

I made another run with the camera around the campground, then came in to post today's page. You can check out today's photos at today's LakeshoreImages page or photos for the entire rally starting at the 2016 Quartzsite Rally page.

For dinner, I dug out some of the stew I made a couple of weeks ago out of the freezer. I love second day stew (it is usually better than the day it's made) but have never tried freezing it. We shall see!

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment