Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Picacho Peak State Park, AZ, Day 2

Moon Rise
Tuesday, February 23, 2016, Picacho Peak State Park, AZ, Day 2, 0 Miles, 4336.0 Miles for the Trip

I have to admit having unlimited electricity is a plus. Last night I could leave the lights on as much as I wanted, read with the double LED on over my bed, ran the heat at 70°F with the electric heater instead of trying to save propane & noise by keeping the furnace at 58°F. Cooking the enchilada dinner was far easier in the toaster oven than in the Dutch oven. All it took was one day for me to get soft!

I did take a couple of photos during sunset & moon rise last night. Nothing special, but the saguaro cactus are kinda neat against the setting sun. I should have got out the tripod for the moon rise - the image is a bit soft, but that huge orange moon looked OK as well. The sunset photo is at today's LakeshoreImages page.

I didn't do much during the day. It was windy & cooler than yesterday but I did get to sit outside. I had to stay in my chair - if I got up it blew over. I did go for a walk around all three loops of the campground.

Keeping with the toaster oven theme while I have 120v electricity, I baked a couple of burritos for dinner.

Until tomorrow -

1 comment: