Friday, February 5, 2016

Dome Rock BLM Area, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 5

The Tree & Cactus Next Door
Friday, February 5, 2016, Dome Rock BLM Area, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 5, 0 Miles, 4,057.9 Miles for the Trip

I love the weather. It is getting warmer every day (and night). The furnace only ran enough to add 4 amp hours to the battery drain, and most of that was around sunrise, the coolest part of the night/day.

For anyone following my journals, you know I'm obsessed with trees, so I took a couple of photos of the tree next to my current location. I say current, because I may move tomorrow morning. If the space is still available, I'm going to move closer to the main entrance so I will be closer to the Dutch Oven demo & other goings on. While I like my cactus & tree and neighbors, the location is a bit far from the center of things.

After breakfast I checked the propane and found an empty tank. I stopped at Loves to get it filled, waited 5 minutes for someone to arrive to do the filling, gave up and headed to Fill R Up Propane. Same price ($1.99 per gallon), in fact I got a discount because I'm a Vet.

After that it was back to the trailer and sitting outside eating peanuts & reading. I met more new arrivals - as far as I can tell, we now have 3 Olivers, 8 Casitas, 2 Scamp 19s, and 3 Escapes, a 17, 19, & 21.

Since it is Friday, a bunch of us went to Sweet Darlene's for the Friday Jumbo Cod special. Along with excellent cod, the had coconut cream pie as a dessert special, so we all had a piece. Very good pie!

Until tomorrow -

2 comments:

  1. You sound happier, somehow. You must feel very at home there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know about the Cod special. We discovered Sweet Darlenes during the Big Tent days...good reason to return!

    ReplyDelete