Thursday, February 25, 2016

Valley Vista RV Resort, Benson, AZ, Day 2 & Dragoon Rocks

Dragoon Rocks, Texas Canyon
Thursday, February 25, 2016, Valley Vista RV Resort, Benson, AZ, Day 2 & Dragoon Rocks, 0 Miles, 4,422.2 Miles for the Trip

Well, it did get cool overnight, it was 32°F at 5:30AM. No problems with the waterline or sleeping warm - the electric heater did fine. I did have a minor problem around 7:00AM - my Progressive Industries EMS-HW30 kicked off the electricity because the input voltage dropped below 105V. Most of the drop was at the pedestal - the Sunblocker next to me probably fired up the electric side of his heat pump & we both feed from the same post. My electric water heater had kicked on, drawing 10 amps. The rest of the trailer even with the electric heater was only drawing 7 amps. The total of 17 amps was enough to kick out the EMS. I'm glad I added an interior switch for the 120V side of the water heater - saved going outside where the built in switch is located.

After breakfast I did the usual forum & blog reading, then headed around 15 miles east on I10 to Dragoon Road to photograph the rocks in Texas Canyon. I never found the trail head for hiking through the rocks, only posted signs for ranches in the area, so the few photos are from the road. A great view of the rocks is available at the west bound rest stop in the Canyon, however it was closed, and blocked off so you couldn't stop for photos. A couple more photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

After that it was back to the campground to do laundry. I was tempted to hit the swimming pool, but it is really too small to do laps. After turning around I'd only get one stroke before I reached the other side!

I did some reading, currently one of the few J. A. Jance novels I haven't already read. Found a hard cover copy at the campground exchange library. Her Joanna Brady novels should really all be read in order since they follow the life of a woman sheriff of Cochise County (The Arizona county where I'm currently located). While it is nice to fill in the holes, knowing what will happen in the future takes a little away. In any case, I don't think I'm missing too many more...

Dinner was a turkey Bubba Burger, broccoli & sauce pan beans.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment