Saturday, February 6, 2016

Dome Rock BLM Area, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 6

The Southern Sky & 5 Planets?
Saturday, February 6, 2016, Dome Rock BLM Area, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 6 , 0 Miles, 4,057.9 Miles for the Trip

A couple of people have asked what my "Glowing Ball" looks like. The photo only shows one color (I suppose I could make a movie, but I'll hold off on that), but it slowly dissolves between a variety of colors. I built a bunch white only versions of these in the pre LED days using clear Christmas lamps & a 6" diameter kid's plastic ball for a production of Midsummer Night's Dream that worked well in the dream scene. As you can see from the second photo, after dark the contrast is too much for much color to show, so I took the first photo at twilight.

I got up a bunch of times during the night & towards dawn to take some photos of the 5 planets just before dawn, & the Moon & Venus at sunrise. While I can't guarantee that all five planets are in the panorama, it does include most of the southern sky. I'll leave it up to you to pick them out! More photos at today's LakeshoreImages post.  As usual, don't download the large version of the panorama unless you have a good sized data allotment & a fast connection.

I moved this morning to a site a little closer to the main area so I have to include a new site photo. A bunch of Casitas moved in today - I'll add the total a bit later..

It is going to be difficult to keep an accurate count of trailers since people are arriving all the time & parking all over the place, but a rough count as of 3:30 is 11 Casita 17's, 2 Casita 16's, 3 Olivers, one Scamp 16, 2 Scamp 19's, 2 Escape 17's, and 1 Escape 19. The Escape 21 left for the weekend, but will be back.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment