Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Dome Rock BLM Area, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 2

The Entire Camping Area 2/2/16
Tuesday, February 2, 2016, Dome Rock BLM Area, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 2, 0 Miles, 4,057.9 Miles for the Trip

No rain & the wind died down to normal overnight. Very cool morning at 37°F and it only warmed up to 55°F during the day. I made a pot of coffee for the first time in weeks - a bit of a long walk to the 76 gas station from here! Plenty of sun to replace the extra amp hours it used to make the coffee & I have to admit, better tasting coffee.

While I was sitting outside 3 Olivers & a Casita wandered into the campground. After exploring the hilltop & other areas, they settled into the area east of me. A nice group of people from the southeast.

I took a break and walked to one of the mountains (well, actually I'd have to call it a hill) to take a photo of the almost empty camping area. I hope to get a chance to do the same on Saturday of the rally to show a full camping area. Don't click on the large link at LakeshoreImages unless you have lots of data & a fast connection - it is around 13.2MB. It and a photo of the new campers is at today's LakeshoreImages page.

By the time I got back it was journal time & dinner. Since I had a large lunch, I'm just having cheese & crackers for dinner.

Until tomorrow -

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jon. Say hi to our Oliver friends! This their first time to the AZ rally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jon. Say hi to our Oliver friends! This their first time to the AZ rally.

    ReplyDelete