Sunday, February 7, 2016

Dome Rock BLM Area, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 7

Sunday, February 7, 2016, Dome Rock BLM Area, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 7 , 0 Miles, 4,057.9 Miles for the Trip

Another beautiful day at Dome Rock. I didn't do a count today, but more Casitas, Escapes, and a Trillium moved in. I went for a long walk before breakfast & climbed to a couple of mines near the top of Dome Rock. While only a mile each way, much of the end of it was quite up hill. By the time I got back it was shirt sleeve warm, so I decided to make hash browns & eggs for breakfast. I would have added bacon, but I didn't have any.

After breakfast I added a couple of alligator clamps to a neighbor's solar panel & received a large bowl of bean soup in exchange. After that it was sitting around reading, and talking with neighbors & new arrivals. I took a break to call my brother on Nantucket island where his cellar is flooded along with his back yard. It has been a wet & snowy winter, and while the back yard has flooded many years ago, it hasn't since 2000 or so. I also called my son in Oswego, and they have been having the driest & warmest winter he can remember. Of course that is because I'm here, not there!

I finally broke away from talking to make dinner around 5:00, and made a run to the LTVA dumpsters to get rid on a couple days of trash. While I'm no longer staying there, my permit that lets me use the services is good until April 15th.

Dinner was a salad & the donated bean soup. A bit different from my 15 bean soup, but good.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment