Sunday, May 19, 2019

Spring Fling, Day 6

Site 17

Day 6, Lincoln Pond DEC Campground, Adirondacks State Park, NY

I probably should change the title of the posts to "Trip From New Hampshire to Oswego", but I won't. I left the campground around 9:30, along with many others. We made next year's reservations yesterday. The rules are you get to stay in your current site next year if you want. Jeff of the Trillium next to Don & Anne walked up to the registration building & set up trading sites with me so Don & Anne & I will be next door to each other. While the site I was in was nice, it made for a long walk carrying meals & stuff for making dinners, etc. So, next year Don & Anne will still be in site 48, & I will move to site 46.

Lots of twisty narrow roads for the trip to Lincoln Pond, but that's New Hampshire, Vermont & the Adirondacks in New York. I arrived at the campground around 2:45, and drove around to pick out a site. All the pond front sites were either too small or already taken, but I found a nice location overlooking the pond & fairly close to the bathrooms. I'm in site 17, a dry site on dirt that required a bit of maneuvering to get into & a bunch of leveling to set up. Another minor problem is it is under a bunch of pine trees that are dripping sap. $18.00 per night plus a service charge of $2.75 for tonight. No service charge for tomorrow because NY lets senior residents into the parks for free during the week. A total of $38.75 for two nights.

After getting back to the site after paying at the registration booth, a light rain started while I set the stabilizers. As soon as I went into the trailer, it stopped and the sun is back out. It started out at 52°F this morning at Chocorua, and has been at 80°F most of the afternoon. Some black flies, but I've had much worse in the park.

The plan for dinner was to microwave a frozen dinner, however the rough roads bounced the batteries around enough to break the 200 amp fuse again. I have a spare, but decided to use the oven to bake a Barber Cordon Bleu Chicken Breast. Part of the coming conversion to lithium batteries will be to move the fuse out of the battery box into its own holder, which will solve the problem.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment