Saturday, January 6, 2024

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 83

Saturday, January 6, 2024 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 37 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

For some reason, my combined inside/outside thermometer clock jumped ahead by 4 hours. It is easier to see what time it is from it rather than trying to wake up my Apple watch, but looking out the window at 4:00AM and only seeing dark, I assumed it was wrong since it told me it was 8:00AM & I had missed my 7:00 eye drops. I may not go to the trouble to reset it since I have a replacement that gives more information and a larger time image arriving today.

I finished Minette Walters's The Echo and ordered her novelette, The Cellar, which I finished at 11:00 last night. She can write a very scary book, although I still find Stephen King the champion of hair raising novels. This morning I started I know Where You Live by Gregg Olsen.

After lunch I made a run to Walmart. Long lines at all the checkouts, including the do-it-yourself registers. I noticed that there was a Verizon pop up at the Swap Meet site, so after putting the frozen stuff away in the trailer I grabbed my Verizon phone (I usually only carry the AT&T phone unless Verizon is the only one with service) and headed to the Swap Meet. When I got there the Verizon pop up was gone. The rest of the booths were packing up, so I guess it closed early afternoon. I may never get my Verizon veteran's discount.

Back at the park I headed for a shower (Building 11) and read until dinner time.

Dinner was a Marie Callender's Swedish Meatball Bowl & a salad.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment