Thursday, January 18, 2024

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 95

Thursday, January 18, 2024 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 49 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

I used my iPhone for a couple of photos during a walk last night. 



An almost too warm day at 78°F by late afternoon, not that I did anything to work up a sweat. I did run the AC for about 30 minutes.

I spent most of the day switching between the sun & shade reading. Around 5:00 my neighbor in the large 5th wheel stopped by to ask if I could figure out why her electricity stopped working. Her husband was away fishing, and her power had been off for a couple of hours. I started by checking the pedestal, and apparently the class C parked behind her shut off all the breakers on the pedestal when he left for the day. He is new to RVing (and 91 years old, making me feel like a kid). With a flip of a breaker she was back in action. The easiest fix I've had in a long time. I'll try to catch him when he gets back for the evening and show him which breaker is his.

I have to be careful when troubleshooting. When I was teaching, troubleshooting was an important part of all my technical courses. Because I expected my students to apply lessons learned (or at least, taught) to their work, I always assumed that at least basic troubleshooting had already been done before they called me in. I'd start with the obscure problems, and discover that the lamp was blown, the device was unplugged, etc. I tend to do the same with RV problems - immediately skip to the less likely but more interesting problems. I always have to remind myself to start at the beginning. At least this time I did!

That was the excitement for the day. I finished Ellis Peters's Cadfael #17, The Potter's Field. Only 3 more to go to complete the series. Number 18 is on hold with me next in line. I started Nick Russel's Jackpot. Nick is a fellow RVer. I enjoy his Big Lake series; this is the John Lee Quarrel series which I don't like as much. 

Dinner was a P. F. Chang's Chicken Lo Mein bowl. I like most of their bowl meals; first time for this one & it is OK. My favorite Chinese bowl meals are the InnovAsian chicken ones, but I haven't been able to find them west of the Mississippi, only their large family size single item packages.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment