Tuesday, January 9, 2024

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 86

Tuesday, January 9, 2024 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 40 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

A new La Paz County Park low at 34°F at 6:00AM. I wore a quilted jacket & knit hat for my morning walk. Only 49°F by 11:30. The daytime temperatures are going to be around 15°F lower than average over the next week, with a predicted 30°F for a Friday low. I know I have been whining about the weather, and have no excuse - back home there is a winter storm warning (20 - 40 MPH winds with 60+ MPH gusts) and we are still getting into the mid 50's during the day, but I prefer walking around in 70°F weather wearing shorts! 

I broke my braided reversible belt - No getting fat jokes - I haven't gained weight. I like the belt since it is black on one side & brown on the other so I can match what ever pants I'm wearing, but I have now had two of them break the same way - the buckle pulls out of a post that attaches it the the rest of the belt. Lousy design. I couldn't find a braided belt here in Parker, so I ordered on from Amazon, sight unseen, and not reversible. 

Around 3:00 another Escape owner in a 5.0TA and one that I've known for a couple of years moved into site G next door to me. She decided that it was time to get away from the 4°F she encountered last night. She will be here for a couple of days, then head to California & the Mojave Desert, then Quartzsite for the February rally.

My New Neighbor

Dinner was a Barber Asparagus & Cheese Chicken Breast, and Broccoli & Cauliflower.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment