Wednesday, January 17, 2024

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 94

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 48 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

Happy Birthday Dave! Today is my brother's birthday. I talked with him around 3:00 - it is 12°F in the Catskills and 73°F here. Guess where I'd rather be!

I ran the trailer furnace last night rather than the electric heater. Since I will have to depend on the furnace starting in 2 weeks I wanted to make sure it was working in time to get it fixed if it wasn't. It ran fine and keeps the overall trailer at a more even temperature than the electric heater. That said, it is much cheaper to run the electric since I'm not paying for electricity.

Little sun today - it was 44°F during my morning walk, feeling colder without sun. 

I've been using Verizon lately for my data - AT&T is completely shut down as far as data, and the phone is only working on WiFi calling using the Verizon Jetpack. My AT&T cell modem (a Netgear Nighthawk MR1100) shows between 1 & 2 bars of signal with the MIMO antennas connected, but while I had data under those conditions when I first arrived, nothing now. I'm getting close to the 50GB high speed data my Verizon cell modem plan provides. I believe I can start using my Verizon iPhone as a hot spot for another 50GB, but the phone doesn't have the advantage of MIMO or the outside antennas, and although not as weak as the AT&T signal, the Verizon isn't all that robust. 

I checked out the air station at the Running Man gas station. They had one, but with an out of order sign on it. I need to add a bit to the trailer tires, and would prefer do it at a station rather than dig out my 12V compressor. I filled a half tank of gas at $3.16, then drove over to Safeway to shop my list.

Dinner was a Butterball Turkey Burger and a Avocado Ranch Chopped Salad, the Walmart brand which I like better than the one made by Taylor Farms sold at Safeway.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment