Friday, January 26, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 103

Friday, January 26, 2024 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 57 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

I took a photo of the dirt section I usually walk through. Still puddles & deep mud as of yesterday evening. 

The Mud Field

A cool morning at 49°F, but not a cloud in the sky, so it warmed up quickly; 57°F at 11:00AM. I finished Ellis Peters's Cadfael #18, The Summer of the Danes, and started #19 - The Holy Thief.

While sitting outside in the 72°F, windy weather reading, a 3' tumbleweed went by my chair and stationed itself against the front of the Clam. While I've seen many tumbleweeds while driving, ever have run over one or two, this is the first time I was able to touch one. Like many "first times", lessons may be learned. If you are going to grab a tumbleweed and drag it away from your Clam, wear gloves, preferably leather ones. I spent the next 5 minutes picking out prickers from my hands. Not as bad as a jumping Cholla cactus, but bad enough.

My Tumbleweed

I'm now on Verizon's 600Kb data speed since I have gone over 50GB for the month on my "unlimited" Jet Pack plan. While they make it look like there is an option to add 5GB of high speed data, the only way you can actually do it is to go from the $20.00 per month 50GB Jet Pack plan to their $60.00 per month 100GB plan. Since I only go over the 50GB once or twice a year, it doesn't make sense to spend $40.00 per month more all year long for a once or twice a year need. I posted the images for this page (along with the page) at their 600Kb data speed & it works, but I sure prefer AT&T's method of just slowing you down on overloaded towers when using their unlimited plan.

After a shower at building 9 (which I walked to using the dirt parking lot & only sank in 1/2" - it is finally drying up), I did a bit more reading, then made dinner, which was a Butterball Turkey Burger & a salad. 

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment