Wednesday, January 24, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 101

Wednesday, January 24, 2024 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 55 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

While there was some fog early in the day, by the time I went for my morning walk it had burned off and the sun was shining. Still cool in the high 40's, but the sunshine feels great and is drying up the puddles (and my Clam).

Verizon completely quit this morning - I'm currently back on AT&T, which is slow, but working. Starlink sure looks tempting, but the monthly cost of my two cell modems is 1/4 the cost of Starlink if I keep the phones, and Starlink draws 4 times the amp hours of the cell modems. Later in the afternoon Verizon was back & AT&T became useless.

What looks like it has dried out can fool you. I decided to go "back country" (off the asphalt) on a walk to one of the bathrooms. Actually, it was through my previous site and while is didn't sink 3" into the mud, I did manage at least an inch. So, it is sticking to the roads for at least another day and a pair of muddy shoes.

Most of the afternoon was taken up by reading. I finished The Ice Orphan (and the series) and started Ellis Peters Cadfael #18, The Summer of the Danes.

I made an early dinner of a Safeway Signature Select Garlic Chicken Alfredo thin crust pizza. 

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment