Tuesday, January 2, 2024

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 79

Tuesday, January 2, 2024 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 33 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

Even cooler than yesterday for the morning walk. 39°F at 7:00AM, and only 42°F at 8:30 when I headed out. That didn't stop the water skier:

Water Skiing at 42°F

After breakfast I talked with my new neighbors. Their 5th wheel is fairly new to them (they moved from a Class A) and I noticed that their Victron stuff still had the default PIN codes, and showed up on my Victron Connect App on my iPhone. The problem with that is anyone can change their settings, insert a new PIN and the only way to get into the settings without a PIN is to do a factory reset, a PIA.

They are going to download the Victron Connect App & I'll show them how to update both the solar controller & the Smart Shunt as well as change the PIN.

Around 3:30 I headed to the ethereal building 11 for a shower. The first two years I stayed in Las Paz County Park building 11 required a key. Unfortunately, at least for me, there were never keys available unless you were a "good buddy" of the registration volunteer. Those that had keys went on about how nice the building was compared to building 6 or 9, the other two with showers. It wouldn't take much to be better than building 9, and 6 is no prize, but I always wondered what was so special about building 11. They switched from keys to a push pad door lock, so, when I signed up for January at my site, I asked the volunteer for the code for building 11. It is far enough away from Site E that walking in shower shoes would be a bit much, so I drove. 3 showers of which one is handicapped. A bench in each, shower curtain between the drying area & the large shower that keeps the floor dry, a rack for stuff in the shower & 2 hooks in the drying area. A nice shower head with a adjustable single handle control that works. All in all at least an A-, but not all that special.

When I got back to the trailer a sewer pump out truck arrived to dump my neighbor's tanks. The come every second Tuesday; $32.00 for the pump out. You need to register at the office before hand. 

Finished The Confession of Brother Haluin, and started Minette Walters's The Dark Room.

Dinner was ham, mashed potatoes, and creamed spinach.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment