Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Cold is Going, Going, Gone?

Today's Photo - The Salmon River, NY















Well, I haven't been communicating lately - I've been laid up by my cold's second coming.  I ended up coughing so much that I pulled a muscle in my stomach.  After a night with no sleep due to coughing every minute or so I gave up and went to the doctor.  Got a prescription for a stronger cough medicine than what's available over the counter, and actually slept last night. I feel much better today.

I added a bar code reader app to my iphone.  Works well so far; I'm running around the house reading the code off everything (just so I know what it is!)  After each scan it shows me web pages to compare the prices if I want to purchase the item.  The idea is when you find something you want at the store, you shoot the bar code, and see if it item is available somewhere else for less.

I also finally got around to making a QR code for my website.  This is one of those square "things" that you point your cell phone camera at & it connects you to the phone number or web site.  If you want to experiment, here is lakeshoreimages.com.  Just point your camera (of course you need the QR & bar code reader app - I'm using RedLaser.)


That's about it for today.  I'm going to a Nikon "Advanced D-SLR Photo Class" tonight - probably just a way for the Nikon reps to show off their latest toys, but since I'm not doing anything, it is worth a trip to Syracuse.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment