Sunday, January 26, 2020

Day 98, Sunday, January 26, 2020 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 49

Tomorrow's Location
Ted headed out this morning, along with about half the RVs staying in our area.

A very warm day - it hit 80°F this afternoon, and now at 5:00, is down to 73°F. I even switched to shorts for the first time on the trip.

Around 11:00 I drove to Dome Rock to see if there was going to be a place for me tomorrow. The area we usually set up as headquarters is mostly empty, with two large trailers towards the front. About 1/4 mile to the east there are about 6 - 8 Olivers (a fiberglass trailer) set up. I don't know if they plan to move to the usual area, but that is where I'm headed tomorrow.

I spent the afternoon reading, finishing John Straley's Cold Storage, Alaska. I enjoyed it so Ibought & started the second book in the series, The Big Both Ways (which, for some reason, takes place before the first book).

I took a break from reading, and put 3/4 of the trailer stuff back in the truck. I might be able to get away without dumping or getting more fresh water, but I plan to empty & top off tomorrow anyway. I'll put the solar panels down since I have to drive 3 miles on AZ 95 with a speed limit of 55 MPH. I don't want to drive over 25 - 30 MPH with the panels tilted. Other than folding the panels, putting away the hummingbird feeder & the hummingbird mobile, and taking down the glow ball & weather station, I'm ready to go.

Since I put away the table & grill, dinner will be cooked inside in the oven - a couple of Barber Chicken & Broccoli dinners, and a peach fruit cup.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment